"A smile is worth a thousand words," is an old saying. This phrase means that just by transmitting this simple, everyday action, a smile can exude confidence, happiness, optimism, and love. But if your smile is in desperate need of a fix-up, then a smile makeover may be for you. A smile makeover is a combination of cosmetic dental procedures designed to give your grin a whole new look. A stunning smile with bright, white teeth that look healthy and pleasing can help you feel better about your appearance. Your smile is one of the first things people notice, so feeling comfortable about how your teeth look to others is essential. A smile makeover can fix the issues that you want to remedy and give you something to smile about again. You must continue to maintain your oral health after your smile makeover is complete to help keep your results long-lasting.
The skilled dentists at SmilesNY Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in New York City are dedicated to transforming our patient's smiles. Featuring the latest technology in dental restorations, our dentists help patients cosmetically change the way their teeth look so they can smile confidently. Our team provides guidance as to the best way to maintain oral health as well as care for your smile makeover so it can last as long as possible. Read below as we detail some of the most helpful tips on how to keep your dazzling smile results after a smile makeover.
The dental makeover to your smile
A smile makeover is a process of improving the appearance of your teeth through a combination of dental procedures. Common conditions addressed during a smile makeover include discolored or stained teeth, chipped and cracked teeth, or even crooked teeth. Advancements in dental techniques enable the possibilities to be endless when it comes to how a cosmetic dentist can enhance your smile. The first step is a thorough consultation with one of our cosmetic dental experts at SmilesNY in our New York City office. During this time, you can express your concerns about your teeth and get a professional assessment of what needs to be done to address your personal needs.
The many options for a smile makeover
There is a multitude of possibilities to change the way your smile looks cosmetically. A smile makeover may include:
- Professional teeth whitening treatments that can be done in the office with Zoom! laser whitening or a convenient at-home kit
- Straightening slightly crooked teeth with Invisalign® treatments
- Replacing missing or damaged teeth with dental implants or bridges
- Minimally invasive porcelain veneers or cosmetic bonding to improve the appearance of stained, cracked, misshapen, and gapped teeth
Our experienced New York City cosmetic dentists have the expertise and skillset to address whatever smile challenges come our way. The number one goal is to provide you with a beautiful and healthy smile.
Protect your oral health
Aesthetic dental procedures are designed to enhance the appearance and health of your mouth. Cosmetic treatments in a smile makeover can help your teeth look more attractive and boost your confidence.
When men and women are struggling with specific tooth issues, it can cause other dental problems to occur. Misaligned or overlapped teeth, for example, can be hard to keep clean. Flossing can be tricky so food and debris can become trapped, which may lead to cavities or gum disease. Missing teeth can cause surrounding healthy teeth to shift or move, which results in tooth misalignment that can affect how the teeth bite together. Damaged or broken teeth can impact the ability to bite and chew with ease. Choosing to have a smile makeover can improve your overall dental health and reduce the risk of costly future dental problems.
General tips for maintaining your smile makeover results
After working with the excellent cosmetic dentists at SmilesNY, you will love the way your smile looks. It is crucial that you maintain the fantastic results after you have spent time improving your smile. These are some general rules to follow:
- Attend regular visits to the dentist for cleanings and exams at least every six months
- Maintain proper daily oral health habits at home with regular brushing and flossing
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste, especially if you have dental veneers, to aid against scratching the surfaces of dental restorations
- Avoid certain mouthwashes, as they can damage the bond used to hold dental veneers, fillings, and crowns
- Use a night guard to avoid tooth damage if you grind your teeth while you sleep
- Quit using tobacco products, which can lead to restaining and discoloration of the teeth
- Avoid eating hard, sticky substances and chewing on ice, which can damage tooth restorations like porcelain veneers
Diligently maintaining good oral health can help keep your smile makeover results in top shape. Protect your time and money by attending regular checkups at our New York City practice along with daily brushing and flossing. A smile makeover can be a life-changing experience if you have struggled with the appearance of your teeth. You may not have had the confidence to smile or feel comfortable in certain social situations. A new set of great-looking teeth will not only enhance your overall look but it can also improve your oral hygiene and self-esteem. If you are ready for your new smile, then call SmilesNY Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry today to schedule your consultation.